Thursday, April 2, 2009

popular today

Today I came out of the store and there was an older lady in a big red american car blocking traffic to look at my car.  I smiled as I walked over to my door cause I didn't know what else to do.  She asked if it was a Lotus and where I got it and how many miles I had on it and at the end said "Congratulations" before she drove off. She might have stayed there longer but I got in the car. She appeared to be in no hurry. I'm not sure about the person waiting behind her though. At some point she asked me if I ever got out of first gear - because of all the speed limits around here. 

I think this interaction challenges some assumptions I have about older people in big american cars.

Later, in the same parking lot I got some kudos from group of teenage boys on the sidewalk who used profanity to express their extreme approval of my purchase. 

No comments: