Monday, October 20, 2008

It's all relative

Living in Eugene in October means going outside in the afternoon, seeing the sun break through the clouds, thinking it's warm out... and then finding out it's 57 degrees.  It doesn't happen like that where I'm from.  If it were 57 out there I'd think it was freezing.  Clearly you Oregon natives will think I'm nuts.  But I think your nuts.  It's all relative.  

Personally I think nice weather would be: warm most of time with a random few days of snow thrown in every now and then.  Just a few days... and no "leading up to it" weather.  It can just be 85 one day and 35 the next.  Ok, that might actually be a little scary.  Maybe I should just live somewhere warm and then take a vacation to a cold spot.  That sounds more sensible.  But the random snow without driving would be much more convenient and more exciting when you wake up in the morning to the surprise.  But there would probably a lot more strings attached to the random weather than I would be willing to accept.  Back to real life.

No comments: