Thursday, March 5, 2009

if you're a developer...

I think this phrase is only funny if you're a developer:

"attempting to checkout with out creating an account"

Paul said it while we were discussing a website. I heard it and repeated it back to him and for some reason we both started cracking up.

A little later I was trying to figure out what was funny about it so I told ben, and he kinda laughed as well.

I think it may be twofold. One, if you think you're checking out without creating an account you're only kidding yourself. You have to create an account. If you choose not to, you still are, you just can't ever access it again. (Great choice). Two, I think "attempting" made it sound like they could try but they wouldn't be able to, like it was some cruel joke on them that sent them into and endless loop of pages. (kind of what was happening since some of the code needed to be adjusted).

No comments: