Monday, September 1, 2008

I forgot I was riding the motorcycle

I went for a ride today. Later in the afternoon. I wouldn't have dared go for a ride when I got up. It was freaking 39 degrees out! What??? Where is summer going? I'm not ready to move on.

So I was riding up Chambers looking across this scooter in the left turn lane going the other way. There was a motorcycle going straight next to it. I notice right as they're passing me that they are giving me the wave.

Which led me to realize I was not driving the Lotus. Yeah, that sounds funny right. But I forgot. I'm so used to driving the Lotus that I just think I'm in it all the time. Not that I think I'm "in" it. I just picture them looking at me and seeing a Lotus. Wrong picture.

The same thing has happened when I'm driving the Bronco. I see people looking at me at a stop light or something and it takes me a sec to realize I'm in the Bronco - so what the heck are they looking at?

I was actually riding my scooter down Willamette a couple years back and saw a yellow Lotus going the other way. I wanted to wave but realized I was on the scooter and would just seem like a dork. Um, not that you people that do wave at my in the Lotus are dorks ;-) I usually simle or wave back at them. I just would have felt like one because I would have been thinking "fellow Lotus owner" and he would have been thinking, "kid on a scooter". So yeah, not really what I was trying to get across to him.

No comments: