Saturday, September 27, 2008

seasons

It was cold when I went out this morning but I inhaled deeply for some reason and the air seemed really fresh.  Like spring maybe, except it's fall.  

I don't know what spring and fall are supposed to smell like.   We don't have those seasons in So Cal really.  Like the guy at the party last night said, you pretty much get spring and summer there.  If you're from California, then you call it summer and winter.  But if you're from Eugene, it's clearly never winter in So Cal.  

But the air smelled really clean and crisp and clear.  And even though cold is not my thing it seemed really inviting, like I could smell posibility.  Like each molecule in the air was connected to the next and they were little lines in a big web leading in all different directions.

No comments: