Friday, September 5, 2008

the park

I didn't know you were going to be at the park yesterday, like know for sure. I just got in my car and drove over there. Then I called Mel, again, to make sure that this wasn't a really bad idea. Then I tried calling you. But you didn't pick up, or your phone did feel like ringing, or I was actually supposed to find you at the park and not talk to you on the phone.

I tried calling you from the park because you weren't there. Then I went to get gas cause the car was on empty and there was nothing else to do. I went all the way up Willamette and got it at the station near 28th. The Chevron, not the 76 station. Then I came right back to the park. I turned left and saw you sitting there with your guitar. I knew it was you from the back of your head even though you were not that close.

Interestingly enough (to me, thinking back on it) I was not at all surprised to see you there. I just parked and got out and walked over like we'd somehow set this up beforehand and I was supposed to meet you there. Which is kind of what it seemed like, even though we clearly did not discuss this at all.

You just happened to stop at the park on your way to Sweet Life and I just happened to find you there. Or something like that.

No comments: