Sunday, September 21, 2008

Marcelo Garcia Seminar

The Marcelo Garcia seminar in Olympia, WA was awesome.  Best one I've been too yet.  For some reason his style made the techniques easy to remember.  There were a lot of people there but he was open to answering all questions and rolled with as many people as he could at the end.  I'd totally do another seminar with him.

I rolled with a couple people there, one of which was Cindy Hales.  I'm not sure I was rolling "with" her so much as being rolled all over by her.  But that's ok, it was a good experience anyway.  I got a good shin to the nose when she did this technique that we had just done in the seminar.  That was no-gi on day one.  

Day two was gi techniques.  I rolled with another girl at the end of everything.  She was very ridged and explosive.  The match started with me getting a pretty good knee to my eye socket. Once I could see again we started over and she later hit me in the mouth and split my lip.  It was the most violent match I've had in bjj, including all the guys I've rolled with.  Not really bjj style I don't think.  Oddly I didn't get a black eye.  There is definitely a bruise on the eyebrow bone - I can feel it - but you just can't see it.  Must have hit just right I guess?

I should have some pics that we took with Stormy's camera soon!

No comments: