Friday, February 13, 2009

dimmer switch!

I got my car back last week and when I turned on my headlights I thought something looked odd about the display (speedo and tach), but it was daylight so I didn't pay much attention. 

Then it got dark.

The lights were out on the display and I couldn't tell how fast I was going (except for kind of knowing by what gear I was in and what the engine felt like.

So I made an appointment to have them check it out and went in not knowing how long I'd have to be waiting there.

Turns out, not that long at all.  It was the dimmer switch, that I didn't know existed. It's hidden on the steering column behind where you put the key in. They figured it out in a few minutes.

Back when I first got the car I didn't know for about a year that you could lock or unlock the doors without the remote.  It seemed like their should be a way I'd just never seen one and there wasn't much need to go looking. Then one day I saw this switch, hidden in front of the shift knob. Guess what it did!  

They sure stick some buttons in some crazy places on this car. Maybe I should read the manual to find out what else I don't know about my car.

No comments: