Monday, February 2, 2009

front brakes

OMG... Front brakes for the lotus cost $1100 including parts & labor!

On the up side, I made it to 45k miles on one set (seems wrong).

On the down side, I hit metal (why didn't someone warn me).

I got the car serviced at 35k miles and they say I had 50% left on the pads.  And 10k miles later it's all gone. Literally - all. I heard scratchy sounds last time I drove it so I gave it a break after that.

I was already going to get an oil change so I conveniently had an appointment to take the car in this morning (noon is my morning).

I drove from Santa Clara into downtown (15 min ride) and only used the brakes 5 times (lots of downshifting) because the right side brake pad is gone (crunchy metal sounds).


Don't let the $45,000 price tag fool you; this car is expensive. $600 for a set of rear tires that wear out every 7,500 miles. $150 for an oil change. $1100 for front brakes - just the fronts.

I probably have about 5,000 miles left on the rear brakes. So...


But honestly. I don't care. It's worth it to me. I LOVE my car. Driving another vehicle is not the same. Not even close. I'd still drive my car if it were ugly, because it drives sooooooooooo well. Totally sticks to the road; there's nothing like it. The good looks are just an added bonus.

No comments: