Saturday, December 27, 2008

photography

I just realized this year that I liked photography. I've been taking pictures since 2003 but I didn't even see what I'd taken. Not the same way I see it now. It's kind of fun to look back at pictures that I took and I didn't really know why I was taking them at the time. I took them they just seemed interesting and I would just point and shoot at anything that caught my eye. But now I look back at some of them and wonder why I took them. I like them a lot but I don't even really understand why yet. I'm just more aware that I like them than I was before. 

It's curious, not even knowing how much or why you like something. I think it's just awareness and openness that contributes to seeing (yourself) that lets you discover these things. It's interesting that you can know you like something right away, even if you don't know you like it, or why. It's there, hidden, like a burried treasure waiting to be found.

December shots found here.

No comments: