Monday, December 8, 2008

TDSServ

Finally got this lame ass virus off my computer after like 3 hours. I couldn't do a system restore, it would just hang. It didn't want to let me delete the registry keys. I looked it up and figured out how to change the permissions on the registry keys and then remove them. I scanned with PCTools and it would say it removed it but every time I rebooted the freakin thing would reintall. 

Finally I downloaded ComboFix which killed the last of it after two runs through. Blech. I've only ever had one other virus on my computer before in like 12 years, and that was at least two computers ago. Not sure where this one came from but from what I read it's a bugger to remove. Lots of people resorted to reinstalling the OS.  Something I'd actually like to do just to clean things up a bit. But I'd like to do it on my own time, not because I'm forced to. Anyway, I won this round.

No comments: