Saturday, November 29, 2008

beautiful aaaaaaaaaaall day

  • sun!
  • warm
  • big blue sky
  • shorts
  • sandals
  • convertible
Nonstop weekend!  And it just keeps getting better.  This feels like three Saturdays in a row. And we still have sunday, tomorrow, which is lookin like it's gonna be nice too. I took the top off the Lotus and went cruising around ;-)  I came back and txted Leah that it was nice out.  Apparently it's thirty-something in CT.  brrr.  

Skype! 
Someone mentioned video phones (like the Jetsons) to Leah and she was asking me about them. I told her SKYPE! It's free. 

Me: Skype!
Leah: Download...? (confusing, hard, abort, abort)
Me: Just try it. I'll send you the link.
Leah: Ok.
Me: Got it?
Leah: Yeah, what now.
Me: What does it say on the screen.
Leah: (reading)
Me: yeah, do that.
Leah: what next?
Me: what does it say now?
Leah: (reading)
Me: yeah, do that.
Leah: Ok, it's done. What now?
Me: what's it say?
Leah: create an account.
Me: ok, do that.
Leah: now what?
Me: Sign In.
Leah: Coooooooool!!!!! Video! 
Me: Ok, gotta go, the sun is going down.  

The top is still off the car from earlier and I cruise down Beacon where I snap the above shot while sitting in the Lotus at a stop sign. No roof = easy access. Then a car pulls up behind me so I take off. 

Usually when there's not a lot of clouds in the sky is makes for a more subdued sunset, but this was not that way at all. I could see beams of light projecting into the sky like search lights. Insane. Love, love, love it. Oh and the sliver of moon... 

I drove around with the top off and watched the stars come out. I had my warm NWMA hoodie on. 

I have a newfound respect for what a hood can do. Maybe it was just living in So Cal for so long, or maybe it was having hair (lol), but I never realized the benefit they could produce. Not until several weeks ago when I walked into a cold night with two hoodies on. It felt like it wasn't that cold out.  So I got in the car and started home.  I pulled the hoods off and felt this sudden cold envelop my head! Yikes. I pulled them back on and wore them all the way home. Ever since that I've realized the benefit of the hood and have been making good use of mine. Especially in the cold with my shaved head.

When I got home I skyped Leah again who I had abruptly ditched for the sunset. I gave her a walking tour of my house by caring around the laptop with the built in webcam.  Then we discovered a great use for video calls: practicing ASL! Yeah!!!!!!!!! We did weather words today.

No comments: