Wednesday, November 12, 2008

it's nice out?

Last night I went outside around midnight. I went into the back yard to see the sky.  Everything looked so bright I wanted to see where the moon was.  It was pretty much right overhead, very round and very bright.  There was a thin layer of clouds that you could see the wind was moving them along underneath it at a fairly rapid pace. My socks got soaked though just from standing on the patio.  It wasn't raining then but has been quite a bit lately.

This morning I was surprised when I woke up and the sun was out. I could tell though my drapes which usually are pretty good at making it seem like it's always dark out ;-)

So I went out to the living room and opened the front door to pick up the paper and it was ... warm?  Yep!  I'm not kidding.

It may not stay this way but I have two windows open right now letting the fresh air circulate through the house.

The wind is still pushing the clouds across the sky at a speedy pace. If I still had a hammock I might lie in it and watch them, except it would probably be pretty wet. That is how the ground looks.

No comments: