Friday, November 21, 2008

Kumho ECSTA ASX

So I got some of these. It's true, they don't ride as hard as the AO48's. It feels like there's this new layer of smooth on the road. That part is ok. It feels different when I steer though too, more round if that makes sense. The other tires felt like there was more of an edge. Maybe it's because the sidewalls are stiffer on the other tires. I don't like this round feeling as much. 

Although the tires are still new so I should probably reserve judgement untill I've put a few miles on them and worn them in.

And it did cost less for an entire set of these than it would have to replace just the rear tires with a stock pair.

And they will probably hold a lot better in the rain. And they'll last a lot longer. So we'll see how it goes.  I saved the fronts that were on the car since they have a lot of life left on them. I can always go back to AO48's in the summer if I want.

No comments: