Thursday, August 21, 2008

bad losers

Team USA loses bid for fourth straight softball gold medal

I saw this on my start page and clicked on it because I remember hearing about how the team hadn't lost since 2000. Personally I found myself laughing as I read it. These players do not know how to lose. It's kind of embarassing. They're all crying and saying it wasn't supposed to happen like this. But, OMG, they won for how long and they have ONE loss and they freak out. Whatever.

On the other hand I'm pretty excited for Yukiko Ueno of Japan who the day before "had pitched 21 innings -- the equivalent of three complete games -- to get her team to the gold-medal match." ... "Though it's rare for a pitcher at this level to work consecutive days, Ueno's performance can stand with any in these games. Not only was it physically demanding in China's thick air, but she couldn't afford a misstep in two matchups with the U.S. or against the free-swinging Aussies, who won bronze." Now that's exciting.

But the US team crying about a silver and saying that's not how it was supposed to be? That's embarassing.

No comments: