Sunday, August 24, 2008

Blue skies

I got up and had some orange juice for breakfast. I looked outside and the sky was really blue and the temperature was already warm. I decided to mow the lawn before heading to bjj for day 2 of the seminar. The weather was perfect.

Mowing the lawn you cover every inch of the yard, so you get to see it from every different angle. With the trees all around and the big blue sky in the background it was great. There was even a sliver of moon in between a few stretched out white clouds.

The great weather lent itself to a nice bike (motorcycle) ride over to NWMA for the seminar. We did gi and no-gi today. Yesterday the seminar started at 11 and then we took a short break around 1:15 and people got smoothies and such. Then we continued on till 3. But nobody was too excited to put the wet gi's back on after the break. So when the option came up to do some no-gi stuff today almost everyone was on board - just so they wouldn't have to put the sweaty gi's back on after the break.

They did some promotions yesterday. I got another stripe. I can't say that I was comfortable getting the first one so I didn't really think I needed another. But you can't really say no, right? I guess they know better than I do. I just want to have trained harder. I think I've been pretty consistant the last three months though. So that's good. And I guess it has been a year since I got the belt so I guess the pace isn't too bad. It always seems to early to me to get stripes.

A couple guys got their blue belts and the next day when they came in and already had new belts. Stormy said, "Looks like they pre-ordered!" It was kind of funny, but I think they had just ordered it with their gi earlier to save on shipping. It is kind of odd to just have your next belt laying around at your house though. Maybe I should just order myself the next 3 belts so I'm ready to go. Or not.

Went on an extended ride after the seminar was over, the long way home. The sky looked nice so I thought I should ride around and enjoy it.

When I got back I made myself a nice sandwhich when I got back. I was pretty hungry by then.

No comments: