Saturday, August 16, 2008

lotus stories

This is funny... or maybe that's scary.

------------------

"No good deed goes unpunished" AKA: STUPIDEST Ticket EVER!

Today, I pulled over to move 15 or so 8ft long sections of copper tubing that were laying in the middle of a four lane divided road. I had piled about 1/2 on the roadside and was about to head back into the street when County Patrol pulls up behind me. I'm thinking, "Good. Someone else to help me move these or at least he can hold traffic back for me so I don't have to serpentine around grandma anymore."

But, no. He proceeds to lecture me about securing loads. . I thought he was kidding, which apparently p*ssed him off. I tried to explain that the tubing was not mine, that I had just pulled over to clean it up, and that there is no way that I would be carrying all of that copper ON TOP of my Elise and there is absolutely no way it could fit inside. The lecture then proceed with choice of appropriate vehicle to carry items in. <-- me, knowing that he is kidding now. <-- him, not kidding at all. me. him. <-- me, thinking 'oh, cr*p.'

I got ticketed for failure to secure a load properly. What's even stupider is he threatened to ticket me for littering if I didn't get the tubing off the side of the road. I, we actually, as he didn't leave until all of the tubing was gone (a$$hat), sat on the side of the road until I could flag down a pickup truck that was actually interested in having 120ft of copper tubing for free.

I talked to my lawyer when I got home. He never said a word, just heard . Then he hung up. I called him right back and he said, "Oh, you weren't kidding? . I'll take care of it."

No comments: