Monday, August 25, 2008

lotus of portland

Made the drive to Portland today to get new front tires. The fronts last a lot longer than the backs. I'm on my 4th set of rear tires :-P

I had someone in town change the tires once and they spilled coke in my car which bubbled up the plastic on the side pillar so I'm not sure I'll really trust them again. I didn't go up just for the tires. I also had to get the passenger window adjusted. This adjustment is almost as frequent as the rear tire changes. Also, the rear view mirror fell off in the 100 degree heat the other week. So I thought I'd just get all that taken care of before the warranty ran out, which will probably happen next week since I'm about 200 miles away from 36k.

As per my routine I took the blue line (the train is like two blocks away from the shop) into downtown and watched a movie. The timing was perfect. I dropped off the car, caught the train, found a movie to watch & got a sandwich. I took the sandwich into the theater and sat down just as the previews were starting. It was kind of like I was at home. I was sitting in front of a giant screen but I was the only one in there.

Or was until an older gentleman showed up a few minutes into it. About 1/3 of the way into the movie his cell phone rings and he answers it. Thankfully he went out of the auditorium to talk to the person. And then we he got back he asked me if he missed anything, lol.

I got back and it took and extra hour for the car to be ready. So I played games on my iPhone - tetris, solitare and some cannon shooting game. I left at 4 so I wasn't really stuck in traffic although it was a little slow going at first. I utilized my new iPhone accessory to play my iPod over the radio. I found you get better reception if you're touching the part where you set the station. And, as I learned today, it's even clearer if you stick it on your stomach. So I kind of tucked it into the seatbelt for the ride.

I listened to This American Life: You've Got Pegged on the last leg of the trip. It was funny and had me laughing in car which was a nice break from the monotony of interstate 5.

No comments: