Saturday, August 16, 2008

busy weekends

This weekend the tree guy is coming to mark off where I'm gonna get my 7 trees planted in the back yard. Yeah, that doesn't seem that busy I'm sure but I have to be here to get that done and I'm gonna be bussier the other weekends so it's part of the schedule. I really want to get the trees planted.

I'm in a get things done kinda mood. I like completing projects. I think that's why I've gotten into this strange habbit of cleaning my house. I like having it done. And not having little things laying around making a mess. This may be why. I've kept my house clean for like 4 months now. I know, I know. I'm even amazed myself. I'm really not even sure how it happened.

Actually, I've been saying that for months and I think I'm getting an idea now of why it happend. Now I'm just hoping it's a learned pattern that I can keep. The thing is that once you get on a roll it's not that hard to keep up. I've always known that. I know that about a lot of things. It's just hard to get started a lot of the time.

That's something I've been thinking a lot lately as well. It's strange how something can seem SO hard to start. So hard to take that first step, but then once you do, sometimes without even thinking about it, you realize just how not hard it was. It's like the opposite of a glass wall. You think you see something, but nothing is really there.

It's all about fear really. That's why people hesitate. I do it too, everyone does. I just try to be aware of it becasue that's the only way you can break through. But the more you practice breaking down the invisible wall the more you realize how easy it is. It's all about practice. It's about just going for it and then realizing it wasn't that bad. After you do it over and over and over you start to see a pattern. And yes, maybe you are still afraid at the beginning, but you know from experience it's not as bad as you think. Or maybe it's not bad at all once you get through it. Often it's really good. That's what I've found. So I like being challeged by things I'm afraid of. Because there's usually something good that comes out of it. Like you learn something or realize something and that is one of the best experiences there is.

(um, that was long and completely off track. back to my schedule.)

I'm also watching the Olympics this weekend. That takes some time. I've TiVo'd the whole thing and even though I skip over the parts I don't really care that much about it still takes a while to get through it all. I'm up till like 1am every night. Some nights I can't even finish; I'm too sleepy and have to turn it off.

It's awesome to watch these people who have trained so hard and can do these crazy things. I can't even believe I'm interested in the swimming competion. I only watch it every 4 years. I could care less the other three. But somehow it's fun to watch every 4th year. That men's relay where the american passed the french guy right at the end. That was crazy. The photo finish in the 100m men's butterfly. That was crazy. 0.01 seconds apart. And taking that extra 1/2 stroke vs. gliding in is what did it. Dara Torres - she kicks ass! Can't wait to watch more of her.

So next weekend. Well Friday is Oshian's b-day party, which is being held at my house because of my excellent yard space. And on Sat/Sun there's a two day jiu-jitsu seminar at NWMA.

The next weekend is Mel's b-day. Plans for that are in flux but something is happening I'm sure.

The next weekend I'm going to SF to visit cuzin Sara before she jets off to London. The trees will be planted while I'm gone.

The next weekend their having the rise fights on at the fairgrounds. A bunch of guys from NWMA are competing. That should be fun to watch. Then Sunday is my b-day, whatever that means. Not sure I really care or what it's supposed to mean but I'm excited to be alive so that should suffice.

The next weekend (seeing a pattern here?) there's a Marcelo Garcia seminar in Washington. A bit of a drive by Ryan said he rolls with everyone there which would be pretty cool, although I'd go even if that didn't happen.

Well, that's the next six weeks for me.

No comments: