Saturday, August 16, 2008

Lightning Storm

It's lightening out there. Bright enough that I could see it with my eyes shut from inside my bedroom where I was attempting to go to
sleep. The first time I saw it thru my closed eyes I was facing the window. The second time I was facing the wall. The thunder was deep
and long and rumbling. So I went outside to check it out. There was a lot more lightning. It was so bright it was blinding. The whole sky went white and for the next minute I could see the impression of it when I blinked.

Now, 40 min later, the first raindrops are starting to fall. I have to run outside again. I've been waiting for this moment to feel the rain on my head with the new haircut.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok, that post made me laugh out loud a work! You've been waiting HOW long for rain???
Man, it rains every DAY here in CT!

@nn!e said...

It rains every day there - even in the summer? This is Oregon so I wasn't really "waiting" for long. I just wanted to see what it felt like when my hair is 1/2 an inch "long". But the lighenting storm was new for me. There weren't a lot of those in so cal, if any. A few stray bolts here and there but nothing like this. It was pretty cool.

Anonymous said...

Ok, maybe it doesn't rain EVERY day, but often enough that I don't need to water any outside plants!

That's cool about the lightning storm, though. I don't think I'd miss those if I never saw another one. Not a fan.