Tuesday, January 6, 2009

the bronco

I drove to WA with Mel today for an appointment. We took the Bronco cause it had better tires. 

I like the Bronco. It's been growing on me since the first time I saw it. I wasn't expecting to get a Bronco. I wasn't looking for one specifically. I was looking for a winter vehicle with 4x4 for the snow and something with a few more seats than the Lotus. I went to this lot on River Road to see what they had because I'd seen a lot of trucks there before. Actually I think I went because I saw an ad online for a smaller Bronco II that had been towed behind an RV. But it was baby blue :-P  But I also knew they had a lot of trucks there.

So I was looking at the rest of their trucks and I saw that the Bronco was in my price range. So I looked inside it. At first glance the thing seemed huge. Especially after driving the Lotus around. Side by side comparison seen here. It's like driving the room of a house around.

But it's not too long. Which would make it hard to maneuver. I remember getting inside and looking behind me from the drivers seat like I was going to be backing out and it seemed nice and homey feeling.. and not too long. That was the first instant I started to like it.

I don't drive it much because I find the gas mileage generally abhorrent. But it was really fun in the snow a few weeks ago. I never would have made it out Fox Hollow without it. And it was fun driving it to WA today. It's like driving your living room around.

I think I'll keep it.

No comments: