Saturday, January 31, 2009

stats on the homework

30% of the phone calls I've made or received this month have been in the last week.

Which means 30% of the calls were made in 20% of the time.  So there's a definite increase in volume. Especially from the prior week when I'd only talked on the phone twice (non-business calls). 29 minutes that week and 229 this week, so that a significant increase.

I've definitely had some interesting conversations that I wouldn't have if I hadn't done this assignment. 

Considering my personality, I'm not going to try to keep making a call every day.  I really only planned to do it for this week, just for the experience. And to break my habbit of not making calls. Sometimes it's good to do things just to get out of your comfort zone.  That was the idea for me here. Things always seem more scary when you've never done them before, or don't do them often.

Yesterday I called Leah and told her I was calling her because it was my assignment, not cause I wanted to.  She thought it was pretty funny. I was all stressed out from work so I didn't want to call anyone I just wanted to regroup (by myself). But I also wanted to just have the experience of calling like that so I did it anyway. I knew she would not take it wrong so it made her the right person to call.

I like to do things just to see how I'll react to the circumstances. It's like an adventure in self. That's what I like about tournaments. I don't really care about wining & losing so much as I just like to see how I'll react when I get out there on the mat with someone I don't know. You don't know what they're going to do and you don't know exactly what you're going to do either. So it's an experience.

I will try to still make some outgoing calls of course. I think it's probably "good" for me, whatever that means. I'm just going to do it when I feel like it not cause it's an assignment. But at the same time I'll continue to stretch myself cause I like doing that too.

No comments: