Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Roku and a weird smell

There were 10 minutes left in class and I wanted to leave. Mostly because I could barely stand. I came in an hour early and drilled some take downs. And then class consisted of endless rounds of pass/keep the guard - for two hours. Don't get me wrong. I had a lot of fun. I could just barely lift my arms by the end. The white belts were in one group and the colored belts were in another. It was good cause I got to roll with a lot of different blue belts. But everyone is heavy. I'm not complaining (at least not too much). I like it. Once I get to roll someone my same size it will seem comparatively easy. So it's good. It's just hard at the end of 2 hours. But there were 10 minutes left. I figured I made it that far I might as well stick it out for the next 10 min. So I did.

I came home and got something to eat and sat down to watch a movie to relax a little before going to work. I've been having a lot of fun with my Roku player. I was hooking my laptop up to the projector before to stream movies off Netflix, but then something happened and that port stopped working. The rest work, but that one doesn't. It's not the laptop cause I tested it by hooking it up to my monitor which worked fine. And it's not the cord cause I tried another one. So it's definitely the port on the projector that's got something wrong with it. 

Now I could just stream movies on my main computer in my office. But I figure I spend enough hours in there anyway. Plus, why would I want to watch them on a 19" monitor when I could sit on my very comfortable couch and watch it on the 9 foot screen on the wall ;-)

The Rage in Placid LakeAnyway, I was sitting there watching this movie (left), which turned out to be pretty funny.  The selection of streaming movies on Netflix was pretty limited before they've been adding a lot more lately. I can pretty much find something for any occasion, as in whatever mood I happen to be in.  

So I'm sitting there and I start noticing this smell. What is that? Eww, it smells like jiu-jitsu. But I took a shower. Where is that coming from. I ignore it but it keeps bugging me and then I realize, it's my Gi. It doesn't smell very appealing after rolling with sweaty guys for 2 hours. I laid it out on the weight bench to dry but that's not going to do it.  I was clean, just out of the wash when I went in today. And now, it's going back in the wash. I was smelling it from like 15 feet away. Gross.

...

On a side note, I think I found what I was looking for today. I didn't recognize it at first but the more I think about it, the more potential I see. Maybe even a two in one or three in one deal. We'll have to see.  That's why you have to keep your windows rolled down, so you can hear opportunity when it knocks.

No comments: