Monday, January 26, 2009

get lost easy?

Did a little more research and found this...
If you know you have prosopagnosia (face blindness), you may be surprised to discover that you may also have some of these commonly related conditions as well.
  • autism/Asperger's Syndrome
  • topographic agnosia (place blind) Do you get lost. A lot? Even in your home town? Even though you've lived there your entire life? Get a sinking feeling when people tell you "you can't miss it" because you know you will?
  • central auditory processing disorder (yeah, it's not bad enough to have problems recognizing people, but there are a host of auditory disorders that you might have, too)
  • Executive Function aka Executive Dysfunction. If you're chronically late, disorganized, bouncing checks, paying late fees, messy, or people are telling you that you're "not living up to your potential", you may have Executive Function problems.
Nice package... get lost easy, can't tell faces apart well, and get confused listening and reading.  

I don't have Executive Function problems. I make a lot of lists. I would so fall apart if I couldn't make lists.  Well, I wouldn't fall apart but I would never know what I needed to do next so nothing would get done. Lists are good ;-)

And I don't have autism or Asperger's.  I'm not bad at empathetic thinking. I think I'm pretty coordinated.  They say lots of "nerd" types share similarities with Asperger's.  I wonder if there are neurological similarities between the two. 

I do feel like I need to "learn" certain types of social etiquette but that may just be because I haven't been in situations where I learned it already.  Some people think it's supposed to come naturally but I think they're mistaken and you get it from your experience and if you don't have that experience then it's confusing.

I don't think I have a problem I just like understanding things and I do that best by researching, analyzing and writing.

No comments: