Thursday, January 15, 2009

funny dreams

No really, I was laughing in my dream. I'm pretty sure I've never laughed in my dreams before. At least not the ones I remember. I tend to have very solemn dreams. Solemn and strange, but not funny. Ever.

But I had three different dreams that I remember last night. The all involved friends. The first one was kinda solemn and I don't actually remember it anymore. I did when I woke up the first time but not anymore. I remember the feeling though. It's like a black and white with no sound kinda feeling.

The second I remember more of. There was me in the Bronco and Jill was there. We were driving down some road but then the road ended, at least the paved road did. And there was this sand road going downhill that I wasn't sure I should go down, but she pushed the Bronco and we went down. (That description may sound a little confusing but in my dreams things don't really follow the rules of the regular physical world. So while we were in the car initially, she was able to push the car down the hill from behind and then we were all transported down together, even though we weren't actually in the car anymore. Maybe I just switched from first person to third person perspective - I don't really know. Like I said, it doesn't make a lot of sense usually.) So we're flying down this hill. Fast. Like not really rolling on the wheels but just hovering over the ground and rolling down really fast and it ends at the ocean. (And it's night, forgot to say that earlier.)  So needless to say I can't stop the car in time and we go crashing into the ocean. 

Now, to start off, this actually does sound like a lot of my dreams. I'm driving and then I'm out of control and then it's over. But this is different.

We open the doors immediately and the water is up to the seats already, which on the Bronco is pretty high! So we jump out and I'm thinking I'm going to loose the car but then I decide to just grab on to the back of it and pull it out and it works. Easily! With no effort. I just pull it back onto the sand and leave it there to dry out. I'm pretty sure I was having a good time at this point. I was in quite a jovial mood.

There's a cliff behind us and some sort of workout place up on the edge with big windows overlooking the ocean. We go up there and we're walking down a hallway and I don't remember everything anymore but Jill falls down on the floor laughing hysterically and then I'm laughing too. I think it's because we just drove the Bronco into the ocean and she thought it was really funny in an, "I can't believe that just happened" kind of way.

And then I wake up. 

Ok, third dream. This one involves Mel I think and Jake is there too. 

This time we're trying to drive up this really huge cliff (it's a theme apparently) to this city on the top of a plateau.  The car won't make it up so we end up climbing (but it doesn't take long, like a second). We get to the top and it's bland desert-like city. Sand on the ground everywhere, no paved roads, but roads nonetheless. The buildings are all one story and the color of sand.

We run into this guy who says something mean and I start beating him up.  Then something else happens which I'll just leave out. About the beating up though. I've never beat someone up in my dreams before. And this was weird, like a movie in a way. Where it didn't hurt me at all to hit the person and there were thwacking type sounds when I did and he just lied there on the ground not fighting back. And come to think of it, I don't think he was hurt either. Strange. Lots of new strange dream experiences.

Come to think of it a lot of my dreams are just me observing strange places. Either that or being chased but never caught (but always about to be caught). Or the third kind, which are the ones where I'm driving and out of control. Occasionally there will be a flying dream but often I have to try really really hard and can barely get off the ground. Like I'm trying to hard and it's making it not happen.

Anyway, in the next "scene" I'm inside some party with Mel but Jake is gone now. She says something that I don't like and I punch her in the face. (she probably won't read this, but I can picture her offended reaction if she did). And then I think wow, that actually hurt my hand, this must be real and not a dream. So I apologize and tell her, "Sorry, I thought I was dreaming still." Like that's supposed to make some sort of difference??? I don't know. Then I think I just wander around being confused as to whether I'm dreaming or awake. 

I was probably pretty much almost awake by then. It was like noon and the 3rd time I'd woken up this morning. Every time I woke up before though, it was like I barely woke up and was totally pulled back into sleep. 

It made for an interesting morning.

No comments: