Wednesday, January 7, 2009

wake up

Apparently I was not supposed to sleep in today. The FedEx guy rang the doorbell at 9 (that's early I'm telling you). And then Stormy called me shortly after that. And then I was just awake. That's fine. I got some stuff done early today. 

I opened the door to get my package and the paper.  It's a lot warmer out.  I still can't get over how 50 degrees feels kind of warm to me here. It's just right at the edge where it no longer seems freezing cold (to me).

Reminds me of those people I saw coming out of the Eugene Airport in the summer.  They were probably late 40's and the lady is complaining, and I mean majorly complaining about how hot it was - about 90 degrees. But she acted like she was melting. Then the guy behind her looks at me and says, "We're from Alaska." Totally made me laugh. Everything's relative.

No comments: